New Normal Training Guidelines for OMNI Airline Training Academy
Safety has always been the primary core value and utmost priority of OMNI Aviation. But with the increased need for precautions amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, our safety and health protocols and procedures have been enhanced to better ensure the wellbeing of all our stakeholders, particularly our trainees, while they are within OMNI premises.
Following the recommendations of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, and relevant Local Government Units, OMNI Aviation shall be imposing the following guidelines upon the resumption of operations on 6 July 2020:
All trainees, employees, and tenants must secure and submit the following documents before reporting for work or training:
1. Medical clearance from any medical institution; and
2. Barangay clearance stating that they have not been categorized as a suspect case, probable case, or confirmed case for the last thirty (30) days prior to the date of issuance.
ENTRY TO FACILITY:
• All individuals must wear face masks upon entering the complex and must proceed to the disinfection and health check area (Corporate Office Main Entrance);
• Maximum permissible body temperature reading is 37.5 degrees Celsius. Otherwise, individual will be asked to undergo isolation and will be advised by the Quarantine and Security Marshall on-duty as to the further steps necessary;
• All individuals must accomplish the daily health checklist form prior to entry;
• Vehicle entering the complex must go through a disinfection process; and
• Should there be a queue at the disinfection and health check area, roving officers shall impose physical distancing of one (1) meter.
CONDUCT OF TRAINING:
All tools, materials and equipment (e.g., aircraft, simulator, maintenance tools, headsets, pens, kneeboards, plotter, etc.) shall be disinfected before and after use. Sharing of tools and materials is highly discouraged. Maintenance tools, if sharing is unavoidable, shall be disinfected thoroughly before and after every use.
- Instructors and trainees shall bring only the necessary materials inside the classrooms and shall wear face masks and disposable gloves at all times;
- Physical distancing with an adequate distance of 1.5 meters from each trainee shall be imposed in the classrooms at all times; maximum of 12 trainees per classroom;
- Each trainee will be designated a permanent seat inside the classroom. This shall be his/her designated seat for the whole duration of training;
- Use of slide presentation, computer-based training assessment and online learning are highly recommended;
- After each class, instructors and trainees must throw their disposable gloves in the designated trash bins, wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol; and
- Each classroom shall be cleaned and disinfected, including the doorknobs, before and after use;
- For more details, see New Normal Protocol Manual(SMS-00/Apendix-1/NNP-00 from the Safety, Security, Health and Environment Department.)
• Instructors and trainees shall bring only the necessary materials inside the simulator and shall wear face masks and disposable gloves throughout the session.
• Simulator training must be done in a “one-on-one” session. Observers shall be strictly prohibited.
• Simulator operation is from 6am to 6pm, limited to 8 trainees per day (4 trainees each simulator).
• After each session, instructors and trainees must throw their disposable gloves in the designated trash bins, wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
• Simulator equipment, materials and tools shall be disinfected thoroughly after each session.
• Additional segment for disinfection is added in the pre-flight and post-flight checklists.
• A one (1) hour turnaround time is provided in order to perform the additional procedures of thorough disinfection of the aircraft.
• The assigned aircraft mechanic shall ensure that the aircraft has undergone thorough disinfection prior to use.
• As much as practicable, instructors and trainees shall be assigned to a specific aircraft.
• Flight operations will be from 6am to 6pm with up to 45 trainees per day.
• Flight instructors and trainees shall bring only the necessary materials into the cockpit and shall wear face masks and disposable gloves as required.
• Maximum time of local flight shall be 1+30.
• Solo flights shall only be allowed under the supervision of an authorized flight instructor.
• Cross-country flights shall have prior approval from the ATC of its destination to avoid conflict with existing LGU COVID-19 protocols.
• Pilots are strictly not allowed to deplane except for re-servicing of the aircraft; and
• If symptoms arise in-flight, the instructor and/or trainee must land back to Omni aerodrome and follow established procedures for sick personnel.
• After a flight training session, the flight instructor/pilot-in-command shall fill out a contact tracing form for every flight schedule, whether it proceeded or not.
• After each flight, instructor and student will throw their disposable gloves in the designated trash bins, wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
LINE MAINTENANCE TRAINING
• Trainees must observe physical distancing at all times.
• Trainees must stay in the designated waiting area only. Benches are provided with markings for physical distancing.
• An adequate distance of 1.5 meters from each trainee shall be imposed in the aerodrome at all times; maximum of 14 trainees on duty per day.
• Trainees must wear disposable gloves before attending to an aircraft (marshaling or refueling).
• After shift duty, trainees should throw their disposable gloves in the designated trash bins, wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
• Conduct of training inside the hangar for base maintenance training is temporarily suspended.
For complete details on OMNI Aviation’s New Normal Guidelines, trainees may request a copy of Memorandum PTS/06-2020-001 from the Corporate Office (through Corporate Communications Specialist).